AFP NYC offers a variety of valuable member benefits to help you further your fundraising career.
The benefits you receive as a member of AFP are substantial. From the latest research on philanthropy to career advancement opportunities and networking events, your membership to AFP brings the world of fundraising to your fingertips. Check out some of the major benefits below — and if you haven’t already, please join AFP now and be a part of the world’s largest community of charitable fundraisers.
Information and Research
Library services, publications, and research keep AFP members up to date on the latest information on fundraising practices.
- AFP’s highly acclaimed bi-monthly magazine Advancing Philanthropy examines issues facing fundraisers and the philanthropic process. It includes enlightening interviews, how-to articles, current research, and information on public policy.
- The AFP Fundraising Resource Center staff is available to research and locate answers to your fundraising questions from over 3,200 reference works.
- AFP monitors legislative and regulatory issues that affect fundraising and philanthropy and keeps members informed through Legislative Updates and Action Alerts.
- Directory of Consultants and Resource Partner Pages is a comprehensive annual listing of consultants and resource partners ready to meet your organization’s needs.
- AFP’s Career Profile examines member demographics, career trends, salaries, and experience. Find out about the members of your profession.
- AFP members have access to the AFP Membership Directory online through the Member Gateway. This members-only benefit is an important networking and resource tool.
Membership provides access to continuing education opportunities offered locally and through the International Headquarters. Members receive discounts on registration fees.
- AFP’s local chapters offer you a chance to network and attend meetings, educational programs, and social events.
- AFP’s International Conference is held each spring and brings nearly 4,000 fundraising professionals together to discuss, teach, and learn about new development issues. It offers over 200 educational sessions designed to serve the development needs of participants from entry level to highly experienced. The Conference exhibit hall features over 300 vendors.
- The AFP AudioConferences are a series of 90-minute programs on topics most requested from the AFP Fundraising Resource Center.
- AFP First Course in Fundraising teaches the basic skills that new professionals need. Materials include on-the-job references for such issues as ethics, case statements, annual giving, major gifts, and development office management.
- AFP Survey Course in Fundraising, intended for professionals with five years of experience, presents the mechanics of a complete fundraising program including planning, execution, and evaluation.
- Through collaboration with other professional organizations, AFP offers a discount to members who pursue the benchmark of professional development through the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) Certification Program.
- The Executive Leadership Institute offers senior-level professionals an overview of the historical, philosophical, and theoretical bases for philanthropy. The Executive Management Institute offers discussion and analysis of important management issues for the fundraising professional. The Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive (ACFRE) credential is designed for senior-level fundraising executives.
- Members receive discounts on books through the AFP Bookstore, one of the largest offerings of specialized books on fundraising, volunteerism, and philanthropy.
- AFP offers a variety of member discount and affinity programs including overnight delivery discounts, rental car discounts, and more.
Whether you are just entering the fundraising profession or are a seasoned veteran, the New York City Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals has opportunities you cannot afford to ignore.
- Discounts to Fundraising Day in New York, National Philanthropy Day, courses, workshops, and a myriad of other exciting educational and networking events.
- Free admission to members-only events such as pop-up roundtables
- Free subscriptions to topical email updates, and the bi-weekly Chapter Update
- Updates on federal and state legislative and regulatory actions that may affect our profession.
Becoming a member is easier than ever! Please join AFP today to take advantage of these benefits and more.