AFP NYC offers a variety of valuable member benefits to help you further your fundraising career.
Major Gifts Officer
Title: Major Gifts Officer
Salary Range: 45K-55K
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
CaringKind (formerly known as the Alzheimer’ Association, NYC Chapter) is New York City’s leading expert on dementia care, providing the gold standard of dementia care for over thirty years. Our mission is to create, deliver, and promote comprehensive and compassionate care and support services for individuals and families affected by Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, and to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research. We achieve our mission by providing programs and services for individuals with dementia, their family and professional caregivers; increasing public awareness; collaborating with research centers; and informing public policy through advocacy. Our programs and services are provided free of charge.
The Major Gifts Officer identifies, cultivates and solicits individuals and organizations. S/he will build and manage own portfolio and grow the portfolio to 150 prospects with capacity to make gifts of $10,000 and over. S/he will be an integral member of the development team and will identify, evaluate, assess and make recommendations on high-quality prospects, and help develop the solicitation strategy. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Development and works closely with senior management.
· Identify, research and qualify philanthropic capacity of prospective donors and build and maintain own portfolio;
· Prepares requests, proposals, reports and other stewardship communications for major donors;
· Works closely with Senior VP of Development to communicate CaringKind’s funding priorities;
· Manage prospect relationships to enhance continued and increased support
· Conduct validation meetings/calls with prospects and former donors to help determine giving potential and opportunities for engagement;
· Works collaboratively and strategically with key staff, as appropriate, to coordinate strategic and purposeful cultivation and solicitation activities.
· Performs other related tasks and special projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 3-5 years of successful experience in fundraising, with focus on major gifts
· Excellent written and verbal communication and ability to communicate persuasively
· Knowledge and use of prospect research tools
· Knowledge of the fundamentals of planned giving helpful
· Successful experience in as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Raisers Edge, Excel helpful
· Proficiency in prospect research, and knowledge of donor analytics
· Self-Starter, with the initiative and skill to build and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects
· Manage multiple priorities, and complete assignments within deadline
· Knowledge of New York City philanthropic environment
· Interest in public health issues