AFP NYC offers a variety of valuable member benefits to help you further your fundraising career.
Major Gifts Officer
Teachers College Columbia University has a great Career Opportunity for a talented Major Gifts Officer who is looking to sharpen his/her craft in Major gifts fundraising.
If you possess high energy, set high expectations for yourself, always work hard, and have a presence that takes over a room, we are looking for you! Apply now at Careers at Teacher College.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Officer will manage an assigned portfolio of major gift prospects and develop strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of these major donors.
Working closely with key internal constituencies, the Major Gifts Officer will match potential donors' interests with funding opportunities and implement a strategic series of interactions that will lead to successful solicitations.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Three or more years of major gifts fundraising, donor relations, planned giving, marketing, or communications experience, preferably in a complex, multi-layered, higher education setting
· Strong time management and organizational skills, commitment to work in within the larger Development team, and abilities to work independently and manage many projects simultaneously
· Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with high-level volunteers within a diverse community
· Willingness to travel as necessary