AFP NYC offers a variety of valuable member benefits to help you further your fundraising career.
Managing Director for Fundraising
LAPA Fundraising, a leading NYC fundraising consultancy seeks a senior fundraiser to serve as its Managing Director for Fundraising. Our clients are nonprofits with budgets ranging from $10 million to $50 million. Requirements include ten years+ consulting experience as defined by: assisting clients in developing campaign strategies, designing fund development initiatives, integration of business planning with fund development, and quality assurance. Graduate degree preferred, in addition to advanced computer skills (Microsoft 365, Salesforce and various CRM’s). This opportunity is ideal for a current Director of Development seeking to work with a broader base of clients and a team of skilled fundraising professionals. This is an amazing opportunity to learn advanced fundraising.
As one of three leading members of the senior team (Chairman, Managing Director of Operations and Managing Director of Fundraising), the Managing Director for Fundraising (a new position) ensures successful, high-quality execution of all client engagements, leading in customer service and satisfaction, and helps secure new clients across an eight-person team and 130+ subcontractors.
- Entrepreneurial, with documented history of closing on funder and donor prospects.
- Takes smart and calculated risks, realistically evaluates each situation, and clearly identifies problems with a plan to resolve them.
- Anticipates problems as opportunities, and evaluates short term/long term ramifications through different angles.
- Articulating priorities while inspiring the team and the clients.
- Creative and comfortable with conflict.
- Insightful regarding others and what inspires and motivates them.
- Capable of empathy and deep listening.
- Familiar with faith-based organizations.
- Campaign experience.
- Willing to put in the time and effort to make the Managing Director of Fundraising role great.
- A five year commitment is requested.
Reports to: Chairman
Client Management (50-65%)
- Manage the firm’s portfolio of nonprofit organizations that are contracted for fundraising and management services.
- Facilitating positive client relationships and providing great customer service.
- The lead consultant to one large client, including managing the other consultants assembled for that engagement.
- Oversee all phases of technical assistance and or outsourcing for fundraising and management services, including: grant writing, individual donor giving, board and organizational development.
- Conduct weekly team meetings to ensure timely completion of contract goals, and to identify areas for performance improvement and innovation.
- Build strong relationships with clients’ board and staff, and monitor those relationships to keep them positive and to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Manage the integration of new clients into the firm’s systems.
New Business development (15-35% depending on the business cycle or other duties)
- Working with the Chairman and the Managing Director, creatively cultivate new business leads by: attending prospective client meetings, client conferences, workshops, and select networking events tailored to midsize & large nonprofits.
- Help secure business opportunities by assisting with all phases of new client development, including meetings; developing work plans, drafting contracts, etc.
LAPA's Organizational Development (10%)
- Implement improved consulting practices and procedures.
- Provide guidance to the Chairman on issues as requested, or on issues where you think attention is needed.
- Plan and attend personal continuing education as needed, and help define that for the team.
Administration and Supervision (5%)
- Regularly report on client contract progress and benchmarks: ROI assessments, revenue forecast, annual report cards.
- Create and maintain client records both at SP365 and the client’s individual drop boxes
Routine Tasks (5%)
Compensation is base salary, plus health insurance, and performance annual bonus.
Please explore our web site www.lapafundraising.com thoroughly before applying.
Apply by email: Send resume, cvr. letter, writing samples to email@example.com